Monday, October 20, 2008

Walden Media

If you've been watching a lot of recent films, you most likely have heard of Walden Media. They are a somewhat new company that produces family-friendly movies. Most of their productions are based on beloved children's books, such as Holes, Bridge to Terabithia, and the Narnia series. I have seen quite a few of their films, and they have been decent at worst. Some of their films I wouldn't pay to watch, but would check out from the library.
Those of you who have been reading this blog for a while know that I pretty much watch nothing but family films. In fact, probably the most morally egregious film I've willingly watched from beginning to end was The Devil Wears Prada, and despite the fact that it has a very good point, I will never watch that movie again because of all the unnecessary content. So, as you might expect, I commend what Walden Media is doing. I realize they've made some box office flops, but the only movie studio that has never had a single flop is Pixar, and how many movies do they currently have to their name? Plus, some movies that flop at the box office are actually pretty good in my opinion. People hated The Seeker: The Dark Is Rising because it wasn't like the book. Well, guess what? I tried reading the book, and found it boring and uninteresting, so much so that I gave up on it. Yet, the movie was actually not half-bad. I'll wait to see what Walden Media comes up with next, but I'm pretty sure that I'll like it, no matter what the critics say.
Any comments?

No comments: