Wednesday, June 9, 2010

(I'm Glad I Knew) A Person Like You

DISCLAIMER: Please do not read anything suggestive into this rewrite, because it has no such meaning. I am talking about something that I promise you is completely innocent! Also, if you know me and want to know who/what I'm talking about, ask. Anyway, here we go:

(I'M GLAD I KNEW) A PERSON LIKE YOU
To the tune of "Tattoo" by Jordin Sparks

Oh oh oh...

You walked right into my life
On that day last September
Your name made me wonder
You said I reminded you of your autistic nephew

You heard all about my strife
Calmed me when I was angry
You're my friend on Facebook
At my notes you looked
I didn't expect to ever meet
Someone who knew my songs and got my mind
But, when I met you, that's exactly what I did find

CHORUS:
I hope we will continue to be friends
And, no, I'm not joking
Can't thank you enough for what you've done
Wish I'd known that meeting was our last one
I know that this is not the end
I would say it's a new beginning
I'll always remember what I discussed with you
You're one person that I'm glad I knew
Yes, I'm glad I knew
A person like you (A person like you)

You heard about those of fame
Like Anne, Amy and Siobhan
You even were a consumer of my yard sale goods
I wish that we did not have to stop
But, I must move on, though I wanted to cry
When that e-mail in my inbox I did find

REPEAT CHORUS

I still want to be good friends
I hope it does not end
Even though I will not see you
I will never forget you
I hope that I make you
Proud in whatever I do, oh

REPEAT CHORUS 2x

I won't forget you
There's no one like you

[For that one person. You know who you are.]

No comments: