Tuesday, July 26, 2011

More than Books Now (The Sequel to "Library Love Song")

DISCLAIMER: For the people who haven't heard the amazing original, check out this link.

MORE THAN BOOKS NOW (The Sequel to "Library Love Song")
To the tune of "Freak the Freak Out" by Victoria Justice

Where I am going
Has many diff'rent things!
You think it's just a bore
With just books, nothing more?
Well, I think you should go there
'Cause you're just unaware!
That was true in days of old,
But is not anymore!
Music on CD!
Movies new to DVD!
PCs with Internet!
Like I say,
Things have changed!
Yeah, you should go there, too!
You'll always find something new!
So, what's it gonna be?
Will you go there with me?

PRE-CHORUS:
Movies, free to rent!
You can use the Internet!
Just two reasons, just two reasons!
All kinds of music!
Don't forget audiobooks!
Two more reasons, two more reasons!

CHORUS:
The library
Is awesome in every way!
You will say, "Wow!"
When you go there and do more
Than just check books out!
(Hey!)
Whoa, whoa, whoa…

You heard what I said?
I'd say it all again!
This 'berry is my friend!
I love it, I love it!
There is so much here!
I could live here, for real!
I'm glad I do live near
This awesome place right here!
Between this place's walls,
Entertainment aplenty,
Digital and literary!
Did you know, did you know?
Have I fin'ly convinced you?
Do you want to come here, too?
Oh, that makes me happy!
Let's go to the 'berry!
(Are you here?)

REPEAT PRE-CHORUS AND CHORUS

(Hey!)
Whoa, whoa, whoa…

Yes, you really should go!
(Hey!)
Yes, you really should go!

Are you with me?

REPEAT CHORUS

Whoa, whoa, whoa…

More than books now! (REPEAT)

The library!
That's where I'm goin'!
Yep, where I'm goin'!
That where you're goin'?

[For all my 'berry friends: Lydia, Kristi, Teri, Karen, Elke, Anne, Rosa, Gabrielle, Patricia, Julia D., Deborah, John A., Linny, Jessica H., as well as anyone else who works on a library's behalf.]

No comments: