Monday, November 5, 2012

This Is NOT Over Yet!

Late last week, feelings of frustration that had been stewing around my head for a while were really getting to me.  Specifically, my frustration was with people who I had recently met and added as friends on Facebook; though a few of them confirmed me almost immediately, most of them had kept my friend requests pending for countless days, which I took as a sign that they didn't want to be friends with me.  As usual for me, that led to: What did I do wrong? Was there anything I could have done differently? Why does whoever have a problem with me? Do the denizens of this planet despise me that much? Such feelings were seriously eating at me, and they just would not go away...until I came home to a happily shocking surprise: the new bride of a long-time friend, to whom I had submitted a friend request weeks ago, had confirmed me as a friend.
This may sound strange to some of you, but, I believe that was actually a sign from God.  Just as much as an author or screenwriter causes events in his/her characters' lives to teach them lessons, so does the Creator of all allow circumstances to teach His people.  What was the message I got? "Relax, Son; this isn't as bad as you think it is.  There are plenty of people who like you; who would know better than the One who created them?" With all the stressing that I did over that and other matters in the weeks prior, it was quite welcome.
I'm the kind of person who doesn't like to give up hope.  Unless I have incontrovertible evidence that something will never happen, then I still believe it can.  There are people who I haven't seen in several years, and can't even find on Facebook, yet I still believe that, one day, we may cross paths again.  It's not that we definitely will; it's that we could.  Unless I hear of those people's deaths, I'm not going to rule it out from happening; at least, in this lifetime.
Call it stubbornness if you like, but I've always believed that anything can happen in this world.  One person told me twice that something was absolutely never going to happen, only for both events to end up taking place soon after he/she made that declaration, which just makes me laugh in his/her face now.  Sometimes, when I feel like giving up hope, Someone reminds me: "This is not over yet!"

No comments: