Monday, February 22, 2016

Infinity Dreams Award

I was tagged by my friend and fellow blogger Mary Kate aka M.K. to do this; now, I want you to do the same after you finish reading mine!

Now, for my post:

Tell Us Eleven Facts About Yourself:

1. I never seem to grow out of any kind of entertainment.
I was shocked when my friends would tell me that they'd grown out of Star Wars or anything else; I still like the same kind of entertainment I always have...and plenty more!

2. I used to be a game show addict.
Though I hardly watch any such television programs except for the occasional episode of Jeopardy!, I used to adore various ones, ranging from the infamous Wheel of Fortune, which actually taught me my letters, to little-known ones such as Trivial Pursuit: America Plays or Wheel 2000.

3. I have been a Mac user since I was seven years old.
Though most of America owns some sort of Apple device these days, I had one before it was cool.  To be honest, my first two Macs weren't all that great, but, once OS X started, it revolutionized both their computers and the company in general.

4. I grew up on comic strips.
I have been a Garfield fan my whole life, but I like others as well.  Even some of the controversial strips had G-rated humorous moments that made me laugh out loud.

5. I recently started watching the old school Wonder Woman show, and really like it!
Then again, I love superheroes and classic television, so, why wouldn't I?

6. I have a memory for dates and times like nobody else.
People, including my mom, are often surprised at how I can recall what year, what season, and sometimes even what day something happened years after the fact.  I usually only remember the exact date when it was a special occasion--i.e., Christmas, someone's birthday, etc.--but that's more than other people seem to remember.

7. I can't stand people who act like they're in middle school.
Middle school was tough for me; it was a time when the world seemed very dark, and I came very close to failing seventh grade.  Now that I'm in the adult world, I would hope that the people I associate with would act their age...but, that isn't always the case.

8. I work at a library...and love it.
When I was younger, I thought my future was in the computer field...but, even though I studied Web Design in college, after volunteering at my local library, I felt the stacks calling to me.  Though I'm not technically a librarian--because not everyone who works at a library is one!--I hope to be one someday.

9. My favorite season is spring...for more than one reason.
Firstly, it's because that's when it gets warm, which means I don't have to wear big coats in order to go outside.  Second off, it's because everything gets green outside, which is my favorite color.  However, the most important reason--to me, at least--is because of garage sales popping up throughout my area.

10. Star Wars and Lizzie McGuire changed my life.
No, seriously; they did! They woke me up to a whole world of entertainment I'd be missing out on otherwise.

11. I have a massive book collection...and almost all of my books have been bought used!
Whether from garage sales, thrift stores, library sales, used bookstores, or anywhere else, I can't bear to pay full price for books; at my income, it would break the bank, so to speak!

Answer The Eleven Questions:
1. If you could be anyone in the history of the world, other than yourself, who would it be?
The Apostle Paul.  No one in history did more for the sake of the Christian faith, other than Jesus Christ himself.

2. What is a weird/random obsession you have, that many people don’t know about?
Calendars.  At the end of every year, I buy more than one to hang on my wall, and I even sometimes buy them well into January because they become super cheap!

3. Who (if you have one) is your role model, and why?
Jesus; He died for me, so, I live for Him!

4. What’s the weirdest event that has happened to you in the last two weeks?
Not sure.

5. What is your favorite song, and why?
I have several; one is "Stockholm Syndrome" by Muse, because it's an awesome rock track.

6. What’s your wish, right this moment? (In all honesty!)
That I had remembered to put my coat in the washer, and that I had remembered to take all of trash cans out before I started doing this.

7. What is your favorite time of day?
Morning.

8. What’s your favorite hobby of all time?
I have more than one: reading, watching movies and television shows, listening to music, and bargain hunting.

9. What’s something you wish you could change about yourself, and what is something you would never change about yourself?
I wish I could let things go; I hope I never change my stance on morally decent entertainment.

10. What is a quote that sums up your life?
"Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners—of whom I am the worst." 1 Timothy 3:15 (NIV)

11. What is your challenge you wish to achieve in life?
To become a librarian...a true librarian!

Guidelines:
* Use the Infinity Dreams Award picture.
* Thank the blogger who tagged you.
* Tell us 11 facts about yourself.
* Answer the 11 questions.
* Tag 11 bloggers.

Tagged:
Anyone reading this!


Now here are your eleven questions:
  1. Who was your favorite teacher in school?
  2. What TV show is currently your favorite?
  3. Who is your favorite famous person?
  4. How often do you talk to a friend who lives far away?
  5. What is the first movie you remember seeing in the theater?
  6. What is your favorite Christmas song?
  7. What was the first computer you owned?
  8. What is your favorite game?
  9. Who is your favorite superhero?
  10. How old were you when you first got Internet access at home?
  11. What is your favorite Disney film?
     

No comments: