Monday, September 8, 2008

Let bygones be bygones.

I've mentioned on here before that I have somewhat of an overactive memory. I remember most of what I've done/said and seen/heard other people do/say in the past decade and a half. There is a problem with that, though: Sometimes, that makes it hard to forgive anyone (including not just others, but myself as well.) The emotions of something that happened years ago are still fresh to me today. Sometimes, being older has given me a broader perspective and made me realize that what I did was wrong.
No matter what horrible things I have done, though, I know God has forgiven me, even for all that terrible stuff I did in middle school. (Seriously, you don't even want to know.) Why rehash old memories when I'm the only one that remembers them? God is forgiving, and all that stuff happened before I was a Christian, so, all that means nothing to Him now. I just have to stay on the straight and narrow, which isn't going to be easy, but I will try my best, and hopefully, when I leave this Earth, God will say, "Well done."
Any comments?

No comments: