Thursday, September 4, 2008

Mr. Autistic's Book Recommendations

I'm pretty sure there are at least some of you reading my blog who enjoy a good book. (If you don't, I'd suggest you not read this post, because it would be a complete waste of your time.) So, for those who like reading novels, I'll suggest some of my favorite books. (You probably already know what my very favorite book is. If not, check my profile.)
If you like Christian fiction, I would suggest the Babylon Rising series. The series was created by Tim LaHaye, the same guy who created Left Behind, but is not written by Jerry Jenkins, so the writing is much better in my opinion. It has everything you could want in a story: action, romance, suspense, and a villain you'll love to hate.
For those who like spy stories, I would suggest the Alex Rider series by Anthony Horowitz. The stories are about a teenage boy working for M-I:6. (Yes, the series is British.) The further you get into the series, the better the books get. I'd suggest reading them in order, though, and not even bothering with the terrible movie.
Now, here's a young adult series I'm not too sure how to categorize. Maximum Ride by James Patterson has been described as a combination of The Boxcar Children and X-Men. It's about six kids who are normal, except for the fact that they're 98% human, 2% avian. The series has action, humor, and even a little awkward romance, making it a fun read.
Pretty much everyone has seen the Star Wars movies, right? Well, if you liked the films, I would suggest checking out the books. They're written by actual sci-fi authors instead of George Lucas, so that means no awkward, cornball dialogue. My personal favorite SW novel is I, Jedi, written by Michael A. Stackpole. There are some other great ones, though, such as the Jedi Academy Trilogy by Kevin J. Anderson, and the New Jedi Order series written by various authors. (If you want to read NJO, start out with Vector Prime by R.A. Salvatore.)
Any comments?

No comments: