Friday, November 26, 2010

Day 1 of 30: My Favorite Song

Now, this one is a bit tough. I have a number of songs I like, and right many that I love. I'll narrow it down to six, and give you the reasons why they are my favorites:
  1. "Above All" by Michael W. Smith: I've heard dozens of worship tunes in my time, but none has ever affected me in the way "Above All" did when I first heard it. I can still remember hearing it for the first time at a youth rally back in 2003, and feeling so moved, almost to tears. If you've heard it, you probably know exactly what I'm talking about.
  2. "Can't Back Down" by Demi Lovato and the cast of Camp Rock 2: The Final Jam: This song is a protest anthem, in the vein of the 80's Twisted Sister hit "We're Not Gonna Take It." I've always liked protest anthems--I've even written some--and "Can't Back Down" also talks about standing up for what you believe in.
  3. "Got My Mind Set On You" by George Harrison: Okay, so, this song might be lyrically rubbish, but the music is so catchy. Every time I hear it, I can just imagine people dancing all around me, no matter where I am or what I'm doing.
  4. "The Imposter" by Kevin Max: This song has been the top played track on my iTunes since 2006. I think getting it around the same time I got my first iPod helped it gain that status. Anyway, it sounds great, and I haven't even gotten burned out on it, though I don't listen to it near as much as I used to.
  5. "Tell Me Something I Don't Know" by Selena Gomez: The movie Another Cinderella Story may have been dreck, but this song from the soundtrack is amazing. I just can't stop listening to it.
  6. Track One from Top Gear (yes, the Super NES game): I don't play video games anymore, but this track just makes me want to dance. I added to my iPod this past weekend, and it's been played on there at least once every day since.
Okay, that's it for now. Later!

No comments: