Wednesday, November 3, 2010

How You Remind Me (That You're Only Human)

DISCLAIMER: If you're not my friend on Facebook, you probably will have no clue as to what or who I'm referring to, so, don't waste your time with this. For those that are, I do want to say that, in this rewrite, I've made brief references to true events involving celebrities I like. If you want to know who/what I'm talking about in those, please let me know and I'll explain. The song parodied is allegedly the most played song of the 2000s, so I'd think most of you friends of mine have heard it. Anyway, enjoy!

HOW YOU REMIND ME (THAT YOU'RE ONLY HUMAN)

To the tune of "How You Remind Me" by Nickelback

For 5.5 years I have been your fan
Despite some people's horrible harassin'
Then, last night, while watching Dancing
What I'd only heard about, I did see first-hand

And, this is how you remind me
This is how you remind me that you're only human (2x)

Yes, I like you; I'm not sorry
And, I understand you're not with Disney
You I'd have forsaken
If I hadn't thought of Hellcats and Alyson
And, you've done wrong, we all have
I'll just continue to pick out what I'm watching
And, as everyone says,
Your career isn't done yet!
Yet, yet, yet, no, no! (2x)

I knew that you'd done things like that
I heard about them when I was in high school
I'd say, "What you did was SO BAD!"
But Paul wrote that all have sinned in Romans 2
And this is how you remind me that you're only human
This is how you remind me that you're only human

You're not perfect; is anybody?
That trailer doesn't make Diaries any less funny
It was just because I'm human
That I let my own heart get broken
And, I won't take your pics down
You're still on there with Luke Skywalker
And, as everyone says,
Your career isn't done yet!
Yet, yet, yet, no, no! (4x)

I really loved Alice in Wonderland
Maybe you could do something like that again
Something like that I would go see
But your current film is not for me

That is how you remind me that you're only human (2x)

I didn't give up on Ashley
Even after that absolutely horrid CD
Let's not forget T, Mike, and Kevin!
That cover was like a tune from a Wal-Mart album!
And, we do wrong; we're human!
That's the problem with us normal people!
And, this needs to be said:
Yes, you can be forgiven!
Yes, yes, you can be forgiven! (REPEAT UNTIL END)

No comments: