Want some proof how conservative I am? Answer these questions:
- Have you ever willingly watched a movie that is or should be rated R?
- Have you played more than one M-rated game?
- Do you currently own any albums that have a "Parental Advisory" sticker on them, or that would be if they weren't "edited"?
- Do you think Christian girls shouldn't have to dress modestly?
- Do you never change the channel and/or turn the TV off when you see a sex scene on there?
- Have you ever regularly tuned into a show that was always or mostly rated "TV-14" or "TV-MA"?
- Do you never bother with "content reviews" of films?
- Have you ever downloaded an immodest photo of a female celebrity?
I'm not condemning anyone here; it's up to God to decide their destiny. However, based on the values I was taught when I was young, I'm not going to do those things. You can argue with me about why it's okay, but it's not going to do any good. I'll stick to my family films and shows and clean music, download only modest photos of my celebrity crushes, read my content reviews, and stick to my notion about Christian girls dressing modestly (even though I expect many won't.) Here's how I back it up:
• "I will refuse to look at anything vile and vulgar." -- Psalm 101:3 (NLT)
• "Stay away from every kind of evil." -- 1 Thessalonians 5:22 (NLT)
• "I also want women to dress modestly, with decency and propriety…" 1 Timothy 2:9 (NIV)
The Bible commands it, so I do it. You can interpret those verses however you want. I'm not saying my interpretation is right, nor am I saying it's the only possible one. However, that's how I interpret them. Maybe I'm wrong about what those Scriptures mean, but if I am, God will hold me accountable for that at the end of time.