Friday, August 1, 2008

Why I Like Disney

I know there are some people out there who hate Disney. Say what you will about the company being "corrupt"; the bottom line is, they're making more family movies than any other label right now. I'll tell you right now that I don't like everything Disney. While I like some of their recent live-action films, such as Sky High and George of the Jungle, I am not a big fan of most of their animated movies (except for certain Pixar films) nor do I like their old flicks very much. In fact, I think you can attribute my love for Disney to the young, beautiful actresses they have in their productions.
Now, hold on just a minute before you start assuming things. While I do like stars such as Anne Hathaway, Ashley Tisdale and Danielle Panabaker, and even have them on my desktop, I am not a fan of younger stars such as Selena Gomez, Demi Lovato, and (especially) Miley Cyrus. I like the ones I like because they're at least somewhat close to me in age. Probably as young as my celebrity crushes get is Nickelodeon's Emma Roberts, who is exactly three years younger than me, down to the day. (See, me and her have something in common. Aren't you jealous? :p)
I don't own very many Disney DVDs and videos. While my family does have quite a few, some of them I haven't watched in years, simply because I haven't wanted to. My DVD collection consists of TV shows (including one Britcom), superhero movies, both Star Wars trilogies, a few other sci-fi films (Star Trek: Nemesis being one of them), and, yes, a few Disney productions. Still, if I see a Disney movie at the library, I'm more likely to pick it up. It may not be quality, but at least I can be pretty sure it isn't going to be shocking or raunchy, both of which are not my thing.
Any comments?

----------------
Now playing: Aly & A.J. - Potential Breakup Song
via FoxyTunes

No comments: